Tuesday, May 30, 2006
I know I've said it before, but my face has been breaking out big time. I never had problems in high school or college. Clear skin. But now...nothing but pimples (and not small patches of break outs, we're talking multiple huge gigantor pimples). I am really, really uncomfortable with it. Honestly, it makes me look at every part of me (not just my face) and sort of sigh. Like, argh, not looking so hot. The self-esteem is at a low.
I feel like this is coming at SUCH a bad time. I'm finally trying to get out there and date (so far three unsuccessful, but not terrible dates have been had). And if I don't like myself, I sure won't be putting my best foot (face?) forward. It's just aggravating. It's taken me so long to even want to date.
And please don't take this to mean I'm not happy being alone. I don't mean that at all. I just mean I'm open to the possibility of touching a boy again. Soon?
Monday, May 29, 2006
There are many other things I could go on about but I don't think you should be subjected to that. So instead I'll leave you with this picture of a many, many, many legged bug that Mona was trying to kill earlier (she didn't manage it, but I did):
Friday, May 26, 2006
I sort of hope "Kate" gets postpartum depression. And then Tom can eat his words when nothing except "pseudo-science" helps.
I also sort of hope that X-Men 3 does better this weekend than MI3 did on it's opening weekend. I think they are comparable (action flick with a loyal following). Therefore, I think it would spite Cruise.
Poor Joey Potter, all tainted with Cruise now.
Tuesday, May 23, 2006
I quit for the night after getting frustrated.
I know I'm really frustrated when my right ear gets all hot and tingly/itchy/weird.
Because my body is a freak.
Monday, May 22, 2006
I have something awful called herpangina. Just in case your mind automatically goes there, no I do not have Herpes or angina. I advise you to never get this illness. Go ahead, look it up online. And cringe. Worse than strep. And does not respond to antibiotics.
I unfortunately do have a fever and feel like it. So all my classes (one of which was during the appointment and the other started 15 minutes ago) are a miss. I should go to class tonight, but I'm going to have a pity party instead.
Off to get my prescription filled (just FYI, i was offered tylenol with codeine for my pain. Yeah. That bad. I turned it down. Advil is fine. But I do have a steroid paste that I get to put in my mouth. Yum).
Sunday, May 21, 2006
- I haven't run in about two weeks. Weather is a factor as is my never-ending sore throat. But...no one likes excuses.
- I watched the Family Stone last night and can't decide if I liked it or hated it.
- Anyone want to go see a movie next weekend(for about 12.50)? I really, actually want to see X-Men in the theater. I may just have to go...
- Update on the Time 100: I am still reading the same book I've been reading since...possibly January. I have been slowly slogging through it and I've finally hit this point where I just want to be DONE. I am on page 604 of the book, page 1044 of the footnotes (which equates to my having read 61 pages of footnotes). I still have 379 pages of the book and 35 pages of footnotes left. The weird thing is I feel so close to the end. Whereas any other book I might not have even started yet and have 379 pages left. Stupid, infinite book.
- I have a serious weakness for organizational items. Some people like to buy shoes, some purses...I end up buying a magnetic board, a shoe holder, a bin...
- My first impression isn't a good one. I think it has to do with my bluntness. But do I play that down to make a better first impression? Or be myself and let others deal....and if they can't deal...oh well?
Saturday, May 20, 2006
Thursday, May 18, 2006
Should I be worried that Boku has ingested (as far as I can tell) 3 of my little rubber earbud thingys? Not the actual electronics but the rubber piece that fits onto the headphone and then gets jammed in your ear....
I can't find any of them and this morning I found her playing with the headphone cord. The logical conclusion is that:
- They are laying on the floor, batted into a corner
- She ate them.
I lean towards two because they have to be pulled off of the headphones. Only her mouth could do that. So what now? I look for signs of bowel distress? Neither of them use the litterbox very often while I'm around...mostly late at night. Hidden camera action?
I am obviously also in the market for some earbud headphones. Anyone have any practical (ie: not too expensive) suggestions?
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
But I promise you that tonight I will remember exactly why I loved Eddie all those years ago (we're talking about 12 years).
And I promise that my first dog will be named Eddie. Proper name: Edmund. Name I will call the dog: Eddie. If it's a girl? Same.
Friday, May 12, 2006
I was walking back into my building after lunch, going through the revolving doors and two policemen and an arrestee were coming towards me in the building. The guy had his pants at his knees (?) and was screaming, I mean bellowing at the top of his lungs something like "Every white man has a credit card." That same sentence in many different variations with some expletives. There were maybe 5 people total in the lobby and everyone looked confused.
So why do you think he got arrested? Here's my little imaginary scene:
He was peeing on....a credit card machine.
Um, I only decided to blog because someone (I am not making this up) entered their street name in such a way that I feel scared that this is the intelligence level of our country. And in this particular case, the intelligence level of someone who took the GMAT and is applying for grad school. Imagine if you will, a Chicago street, ritzy, near the LP zoo called Lincoln Park West. This person lives on said street. Oh wait, just kidding, they live on Linkin Park West.
Not a human entry error. It was imported that way. Scantron bubbles were filled out with that spelling.
Wednesday, May 10, 2006
For my photoshop class I have to literally or abstractly represent "Eye for an Eye, Tooth for a Tooth" and I'm coming up with a big blank as to what I want to do. Most of my ideas so far have been sort of violent, and I'd like to stay away from that. So my question to you readers is what kind of mental picture, image would make you think something along those lines...
Tuesday, May 09, 2006
This is the life of a hypochondriac.
It is not, in fact, detaching. I just had "floaters" "halo" "visual aura" from the migraine. I know, I get migraines all the time, why would I think this time was any different? Because I didn't get any of the numbness. And my eye got all pink.
And I'm crazy.
Monday, May 08, 2006
The only problem is that I may miss the Gilmore finale...
Sunday, May 07, 2006
Music that I still appreciate:
- Pearl Jam
- Bush (um...is this something that should be filed under guilty pleasure? I couldn't decide)
- Smashing Pumpkins
- Rage against the Machine
- Fiona Apple
- Nine Inch Nails
- Beastie Boys
- Gin Blossoms
- Goo Goo Dolls
- Arcade Fire
- Green Day (can't listen to it)
- Again Beastie Boys
- Fischerspooner: Emerge (I only know that song)
- Linkin Park
Here's my last question for the world in general: if my cat is a little off, what does that say about me? You know how they always say that owners and their pets resemble each other...does this apply to her idiotic tendencies not just her appearance? Because she fell in the toilet again. You'd think the first time would have taught her something.
Looks like it's lid down from now on in this household...guests: lid down!
Friday, May 05, 2006
- He said it would only take us at most 3 hours. He clearly lied. I know what I'm doing, I'm not really struggling with the test. It's just tedious and time-consuming. I would have preferred if he didn't say anything at all.
- He made us go to class on Monday. If we would have had an in-class midterm it would have taken place this past Monday during the 3 hour period. However, not only did he make us come to class...he lectured us on something completely new. If we would have had our midterm that day: no lecture. So, we have to take time at home for our midterm AND we have to have an extra lecture? Does that make sense?
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
Let's bullet point today:
- Everyone cross your fingers for Katy....kill that interview! Also, she's walking in a breast cancer fundraising walk, if you have an extra fiver sitting around, go to her site and donate it.
- In other crossing of fingers news: cross your fingers for me that my test results (no wacky womb, no wacky womb) are normal...
- Kind of glad I didn't blog the young artistic prof's name, because damned if he didn't go and shave his head sometime between Monday and today. Oh how I love a shaved head- he is instantly yummier. I forgot just how much joy I get out of the fuzz of a shaved head...
- I had the scariest dream last night. It was so scary that when I woke myself out of it I was afraid to go back to sleep...and yet I was so tired I could hardly stay awake - it was a serious struggle. All I remember of the dream is that I was with someone, we were looking for a place to sleep, we found a nasty attic in a scary part of town and there were walking/talking crosses, pictures, old antiquey relics...and they were SCARY.
- In case you didn't know, Twiggy vs. Bond is an old school Q101 song that is Japanese. The song is strange to say the least...but totally addicting. I find it hilarious that I sing along...in my own garbled version of Japanese. Goes something like this: Twiggy neemy escals away...
Monday, May 01, 2006
with the Immigration rally. I happened to have about 3 hours to kill between 10:30 and my 1:30 class...so I sat in Barnes & Noble on the corner of State and Jackson, big windows....and watched the march. It really didn't get to me until about 12:30...but wow. So many people! It was the first time EVER (and probably last) that I wished I had a camera phone. Very neat. I really felt exhilarated by the number of people. Small confession: I am only slightly aware of the reason for the rally/march. But I should know more. I often am ashamed at my lack of political/social knowledge. (PS -Sister, it hit me as I was watching the seething masses that the reason the restaurant would not be able to open on May 1st is because of said rally/march).
I also just want to state that I do not in fact have a flesh-eating disease even though my chin would like you to think otherwise. Oh, how glad I am that the www is an anonymous, faceless communication method. I feel horrifically self-conscious which is not my usual feeling.
I am taking a class in photoshop...and my prof/lecturer guy is young...the kind of teacher that floundering nerdlings grasp on to and follow around like little puppies waiting for a head pat. I honestly feel bad for him. Sure, it's annoying in class, but it has to be 8,000 times worse for him. I was a little late to get moving when class ended and I watched these two boys (one of which I have had in previous classes and blogged about his annoying habit of not listening) follow him out of class, to the elevator. Yapping at his heels. I almost, almost want to put the prof's name here, sort of in solidarity...and because I know he googles himself (picture: he plugs his laptop into projector, opens a browser to show us some sites for source material and there it is...his name, typed in to google. It was pretty funny). But I just...I have this block, I can't make myself put a first and last name out here, in public.
I have to get to class. Hooray for me that it gets out 2 hours early. Since the earlier I can close myself off from the public and stare at my face in horror, the better...