Umba time! This month I received two handmade goodies. I already wore one today to see if I liked it/could pull it off (I think it went OK).
the pink ruffle. You should know that this bracelet is super soft. Like, insanely soft. Yellow isn't my favorite, but I think I will find uses for this every now and again.
Sadly for you, my next goody isn't represented on the web. So this picture is straight out of my phone. Sorry for the quality.
Solid, usable month. Umba love.
Sunday, July 01, 2012
Its been a really long time since I blogged anything of substance. Umba and crafting are awesome (and I truly love them both). But I've been so busy lately that I haven't done any crafting. And the truth is, this will continue straight through to September I think. So what has taken up my weekends (most weeknights I struggle to do one constructive thing and lately that has been cleaning or yard work or cooking)?
- I went to Boston for a conference. I really liked Boston and have officially added it to the places I could see myself living. Also on the list? Chicago.
- Spent some time with my mom shopping for furniture and learning to decorate cakes.
- Birthday party for a bestie.
- Cleaning the house after we got central air installed (lots of holes drilled into the ceiling = a layer of dust everywhere). And then I decided the house needed a complete rearranging. Really we just swapped furniture between two rooms. Sounds pretty innocent and easy..except I tried to go through everything in those rooms. Goodwill benefited greatly. This has taken up a large chunk of my time over the past few weeks.
And what do I have coming up?
- Trip to Madison.
- Trip to Indiana.
- First wedding dress session with the couture ladies
- Rocky Mountain train trip!
- Trip to Salt Lake City.
- Trip to Wisconsin to stand up in a wedding.
That puts us into the middle of September. There are a few weekends scattered throughout with no plans. I hope to do absolutely nothing on those occasions.
I'm a tiny bit hungover (in an, I had one and a half drinks and stayed up too late way), so I'll leave you with this tired thought:
I really love Disney World. And I also kind of love Vegas. So does this mean I love fakeness? Fakity? Fakosity?