Sunday, May 07, 2006

What you feel is what you are...

You would think this post is going to be deep, awww, what a title. But think again, sucker! It's more about music than anything. When my sister was kind enough to hand off her old, used and slightly retarded (battery charges ALL NIGHT and is only 1/3 full???) iPod, she also gave me 500+ new songs. Most of which are from Q101's 13 years in 13 days (101 songs from each year). My observations:

Music that I still appreciate:
  • Pearl Jam
  • Nirvana
  • Bush (um...is this something that should be filed under guilty pleasure? I couldn't decide)
Music that I appreciate 100 times more now than I did when it was out:
  • Smashing Pumpkins
  • Rage against the Machine
  • Fiona Apple
  • Nine Inch Nails
Music that has gotten that much better with age:
  • Beastie Boys
  • Bjork
Guilty pleasure music (sort of shameful):
  • Gin Blossoms
  • Goo Goo Dolls
Music I still 'don't get':
  • Beck
  • Arcade Fire
  • Green Day (can't listen to it)
Music that should be worked out to:
  • Again Beastie Boys
  • Fischerspooner: Emerge (I only know that song)
Music that I unabashedly HATE:
  • U2
  • Linkin Park
That is all for the list.

Here's my last question for the world in general: if my cat is a little off, what does that say about me? You know how they always say that owners and their pets resemble each other...does this apply to her idiotic tendencies not just her appearance? Because she fell in the toilet again. You'd think the first time would have taught her something.

Looks like it's lid down from now on in this household...guests: lid down!

No comments:

Post a Comment