Monday, May 01, 2006

Round up...

So, bunch of random things to spew about. Let's start....

with the Immigration rally. I happened to have about 3 hours to kill between 10:30 and my 1:30 class...so I sat in Barnes & Noble on the corner of State and Jackson, big windows....and watched the march. It really didn't get to me until about 12:30...but wow. So many people! It was the first time EVER (and probably last) that I wished I had a camera phone. Very neat. I really felt exhilarated by the number of people. Small confession: I am only slightly aware of the reason for the rally/march. But I should know more. I often am ashamed at my lack of political/social knowledge. (PS -Sister, it hit me as I was watching the seething masses that the reason the restaurant would not be able to open on May 1st is because of said rally/march).

I also just want to state that I do not in fact have a flesh-eating disease even though my chin would like you to think otherwise. Oh, how glad I am that the www is an anonymous, faceless communication method. I feel horrifically self-conscious which is not my usual feeling.

I am taking a class in photoshop...and my prof/lecturer guy is young...the kind of teacher that floundering nerdlings grasp on to and follow around like little puppies waiting for a head pat. I honestly feel bad for him. Sure, it's annoying in class, but it has to be 8,000 times worse for him. I was a little late to get moving when class ended and I watched these two boys (one of which I have had in previous classes and blogged about his annoying habit of not listening) follow him out of class, to the elevator. Yapping at his heels. I almost, almost want to put the prof's name here, sort of in solidarity...and because I know he googles himself (picture: he plugs his laptop into projector, opens a browser to show us some sites for source material and there it is...his name, typed in to google. It was pretty funny). But I just...I have this block, I can't make myself put a first and last name out here, in public.

I have to get to class. Hooray for me that it gets out 2 hours early. Since the earlier I can close myself off from the public and stare at my face in horror, the better...

No comments:

Post a Comment