Monday, January 16, 2006

Chance to reveal...

Over the past few weeks I've noticed my life/thoughts become more fragmented. Study, go to class, watch TV, study, go to class...etc. Little blocks of time dedicated to different things. Very different from the 9 to 5 thing. Along those lines, I think my blog is going to stay bullet point oriented, a collection of things I've thought about. So, just a warning. Some posts will be boring, some will be mostly boring, others just sort of boring.

I stopped working for my company in November. I have since been thwarted repeatedly in my attempts to get my 401K money. It turns out my company never reported my leaving. So, I finally get them to do it, and now it's a holiday! So once again...no money coming.

Today I accidentally highlighted my couch. Disaster. But it easily came out.

Tried Sweet Mandy B's (remember the list? see #15). That was some butter cream frosting on that cupcake. If you like cupcakes and love rich butter cream, go there now. I've also tried cooking a few times now. I've baked chicken, experimented with leftover chicken, rice and taco seasoning, made cheesy chicken shells....so I've definitely stuck to the once a week thing so far. I'm going to try to make egg salad next. And then I think I am going to make tacos (safe and delicious!).

Other than that, just homework and reading over here this week....

2 comments:

  1. not that you asked or anything, re: your list. but...


    #2. Create another blog on your blogger account, find an HTML tutorial that you are comfortable with (the For Dummies series, AListApart, WebMonkey, whatever) and just edit and poke and experiment generally trash the hell out of it until you feel like you know what you are doing. It might not be the coup-d'etat, military junta-overthrowing-the-government-type of revolution you imagined, but having a sandbox to play in, one that isn't your primary blog, helps a lot.

    #6. Consider the following performances:

    March 3/4 - Weber/Hindemith/Brahms.
    March 23/24 - Rossini/Haydn/Prokofiev
    April 14/15 - Sibelius/Brahms/Smetana/Dvorak
    April 20/21 - Rouse/Tchaikovsky/Mussourgsky

    The rest are great as well but these should probably prove to be Safe For All Audiences; that is, what one might call crowd pleasers, even.

    #14. Movies are a lot more expensive that I thought they'd be here. I thinks the Loews on North Michigan is starting to catch on to my Fandango Senior Discount trick, so at least for me, it's all about Netflix these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, you are cute

    ReplyDelete