Monday, January 02, 2006

Follow the leader...

Ok, so last year when my sister did 25 in 2005 I liked the idea but wasn't sure if I could come up with 25. I feel the same way this year, but I'm going to take a stab at 26 in 2006. If they get a little weak towards the bottom, I apologize.
  1. Go on at least 3 dates (with 3 different people).
  2. Learn how to html, and therefore revolutionize my blog.
  3. Exercise fairly regularly. And if not that, then at least sometimes.
  4. Move my square of city exploration out a bit more - some places I'd like to explore are Wicker Park, Boystown, even just Lakeview.
  5. Cook a meal at least once a week. Even if it is tacos every other week.
  6. Go see the Chicago Symphony Orchestra and a ballet somewhere.
  7. Convince my sister and S to move to the city.
  8. Have a friend (make a friend?) in the city (sister does not count).
  9. Buy another Frank Lloyd Wright cross-stitch, finish it and frame it to help with #10.
  10. Put more items up on the walls - blank walls = boring walls.
  11. Visit somewhere I've never been..
  12. Be better with letter writing. I was not up to my usual high volumes of mail. I'd like to send something to someone about every other day.
  13. Thorough spring cleaning.
  14. Watch 3 new movies a week (this is highly improbable, but I would like to do it).
  15. Try the Salt & Pepper diner, Sweet Mandy B's, that pancake house on Clark, just try some new food places.
  16. Get an assistantship (this will have to be late 2006).
  17. Have a high GPA - but NOT be insanely stressed.
  18. Lose holiday weight and keep it off....in other words, stay true to the points.
  19. Go to another hockey game or two.
  20. Pay more attention to politics/world news.
  21. Start taking vitamins.
  22. Visit the Mooj more since my brother is going to be leaving for college (SCARY).
  23. I'll build on #22 and say: see each family member at least once each month. Although the brother might be too hard...
  24. Think before I speak (a little more) or tone down the brutality of my honesty.
  25. Fall in love (please?).
  26. Keep on top of the clutter/stay organized.
Honestly, it was a lot easier to get 26 than I expected. Off to play video game/waste my last day as a good-for-nothing bum.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if it will take too much convincing. I think we've pretty much decided we want to live in the city. The problem becomes my commute back out to the suburbs. Will it be too nasty for me to handle? Or could I do the train every day? I'm not sure. We will begin to figure this shit out soon.

    I do think that no matter what, we're going to end up moving further east from where we are now. So, whatever that means.

    ReplyDelete