Wednesday, December 08, 2010

There are times when I really, really wish I had an iPhone.  Most of the time, I do not care and don't really want you to contact me - I hate phones and cell phones especially.  Also, is it just me or does cell phone somehow seem like an antiquated term?  Should we be calling everything smart phone or mobile device or...something else?  

But when you see the CTA holiday train....honestly, you want to take a picture.  Or a video.  And that's what everyone does while they smile.  Everyone including loml:
Honestly, I wasn't sure what to expect from the train, but I was excited.  Very excited.  And seeing everyone's face while riding the train made it the most joy-filled 50 minutes I can remember.  Christmas music + Christmas smell + low lighting + decorations....it just works.  I think, if you rode for a few stops, the full experience may be lost a bit.  But it will hopefully convince you to take a longer ride next time.

I highly recommend this Chicago holiday experience, though I wouldn't travel in for it.  Just try to catch one near you if you're a Chicagoan.  Loml thought it was just as great as I did.  Tomorrow's commute is going to be really depressing. 

More info on the holiday train...

No comments:

Post a Comment