Sunday, December 19, 2010

It's Christmas cookie baking day!  Every year my Mom, sister and I get together and bake dozens of cookies.  Actually, it's probably more like hundreds.  Hundreds of cookies.  This year our schedules failed us and my Mom and sister baked cookies together Friday and Saturday.  I was unable to join, so my Mom is coming over today to finish up.

I've been thinking a lot about tradition.  What holiday traditions I have, my family has, what holiday traditions loml and his family have...and how to combine them all without killing any.  Last year we didn't combine holidays at all.  It was just easier and we were new.  But this year, I felt really strongly that I wanted our holidays to be shared.  Unfortunately, a lot of our traditions overlap...it's been tricky.  I think loml doesn't hold much with traditions - but I know his parents do.

It really makes me curious about how everyone does this.

No comments:

Post a Comment