Friday, December 31, 2010

I can't believe 2010 is over.  It sometimes is amazing to me how quickly and sometimes slowly a year goes.  Here's my quick year-end review.  I cheated and googled "year end review meme" and came up with this list.  I feel pressed for time as I only have 18 minutes left in December 30 to do this for you, so here's my quickfire:
  1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before? I bought a house, lived with a boy.  Huge things.
  2.  Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I looked on my blog, and I made some hobby resolutions, that I wanted to hobby more.  And I think I did that pretty successfully.  Seven finished knitting projects, with a move.  I also stated that I wanted to write here more, which I mostly did.  And to keep loml around...and here we are.  Sitting on the couch together.
  3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No.
  4. Did anyone close to you die? No. 
  5. What countries did you visit? Er.  None.  I don't even think I left the state last year?  Oh my goodness, that's sad.
  6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? I am pretty content, though the last question shamed me, so how about some vacations?
  7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? URGH, my memory kills me.  I want to say the day I signed the mortgage, but I already can't remember it.  And I am close to the day we moved in, but again, I think I'm off by a day or two.  Date memories are just lost on me.
  8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Definitely buying a house without completely losing my mind.
  9. What was your biggest failure? I think I didn't do enough for myself still - I wanted to take classes of some kind forever (art, etc) and just never did.  I had nothing but time between January and July and did nothing with it.
  10. Did you suffer illness or injury?  Yes.  For a while there I thought I was dying of some unknown lung problem.  I am not.  
  11. What was the best thing you bought? HOUSE!
  12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Boku?  This is a weird question.  Boku is becoming a real cat slowly.  Here's proof.
  13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?  Republicans.  
  14. Where did most of your money go? HOUSE!
  15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? HOUSE!  (how boring is this becoming?)
  16. What song will always remind you of 2010? Again, my memory really prevents this from being true.  I just...don't really have this kind of song memory.  Maybe 'Dancing on my Own' by Robyn.  Or some other pop number.  Like a G6?
  17. Compared to this time last year, are you: - happier or sadder? I hate this kind of question.  I was happy last year.  I am happy this year.  Any happy is good.  Why should I qualify one against the other?  I think I'm probably the same or happier but meh...
  18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Exercise. 
  19.  What do you wish you'd done less of? Stress.
  20. How did you spend the holidays? Thanksgiving with loml's, eve with mine, day with both.
  21. Did you fall in love in 2010? Not anymore than already.
  22. How many one-night stands? Uh.  Now I feel like it's 5 years ago and this blog was awesome and new and I was doing random memes all the time.  Zero. 
  23. What was your favorite TV program?  I like 30 Rock, How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family, etc.
  24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No.  
  25. What was the best book you read?  Hmmmm.  I really liked the Hunger Games trilogy.  That's the first I thought of.
  26. What was your favorite film of this year? Harry Potter!  I think it's the only one I saw in the theater this year.  
  27. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Comfort above style, aka, why don't any of my pants fiiiit (whiny voice)?
  28. Whom did you miss?  Hmm.  No one?
  29. Who was the best new person you met?  Is it weird if i say I didn't meet anyone? 
  30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.  It's midnight.  I failed because I can't answer this one quickly enough.  Something cheesy about home is where the heart is?

1 comment:

  1. if that last line ends up stenciled on your wall, I'll never forgive you.
    Happy 2011!
    -al

    ReplyDelete