Sunday, December 05, 2010

Comcast DNS is down - this meant that for 10 minutes just now I thought I was going to write a mea culpa tomorrow for not even making it 5 days.  But I had good luck (or a good boyfriend) and am now using google dns in my router and all is right with the world.

Tonight loml and I went out to the burbs and had a mini holiday celebration with his parents.  They do it every year - attending some kind of wintery/christmasy event.  In the past they've seen the Nutcracker, been to a live nativity, seen the Snow Queen, etc.  We attended "Bending Toward the Light: A Jazz Nativity".  Clearly this is something I never would have considered attending on my own (in a church!).  But I'm really glad I did.  What a weird performance.  Mary did modern dance.  The choral singers "scatted".  But the best, by far, were the three kings.  I don't even know how to lead into this so...The Trumpet King, The Latin Percussion King and the Tap Dancing King.  Each with their own performance during the song.  It was fantastically weird and awesome. 

Still stuffy and sneezy.  Off to take a bit more nyquil and cough in bed all night.  Night kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment