Thursday, March 27, 2008

List suggestion the second...

Movies that make me cry...
  • Stepmom
  • Life as a House
  • Pretty much any movie about Sept 11 (recent cry fests include World Trade Center and United 93)
  • I have a vivid memory of sobbing at Free Willy, in the theater, back in the day (I was 12)
  • Ditto Lion King (I was 13)
  • Keeping with Disney, the Fox and the Hound (how is that a children's movie?)
  • Meet Joe Black
  • American History X
  • My Dog Skip
  • Old Yeller (I'm not sure why, but I think we used to watch this movie a lot)
  • Lord of the Rings movies
  • Harry Potter flicks 4 & 5(more with Cedric than Sirius...which is not true to book). I predict crying in 6, 7 & 7.5
  • Return to Me (something about the dog + David Duchovny...gets me)
This list was harder to craft than I expected. I know I cry a lot at movies...but coming up with specific movies...well, that requires memory. Something which I lack.

And, in honor of the horrific, thick, wet snow today, true story:

Me: mouth open wide, eating the snow
Passerby: (laughing) you might as well get some nutrition

As if snow has any nutritious value.

1 comment:

  1. Whale Rider and The Notebook are my only two cry fest movies. Last time we watched The Notebook I found myself crying just thinking about the sad scenes. It was at that point that Hubby asked if I was alright and said that if I did not get it together that we might have to turn off the movie cause I was a crazy lady.

    ReplyDelete