Friday, October 12, 2007

A slice of my Friday...

Boku is snoring softly upstairs. The TV is on mute. I pause in my reading ("The application of e-business practices can provide a massive......"). I have a vague recollection of an amazing line I read in a book last night that perfectly captures my feelings about Chicago and feel happy.
Before them, the skyline towered. Colin had always loved Chicago's skyline. Although he was not a religious person, seeing the skyline made him feel what is called in Latin the mysterium tremendum et fascinans - that stomach-flipping mix of awestruck fear and entrancing fascination. - An Abundance of Katherines, John Green
Just feeling happy tonight (and it doesn't hurt that I just finished that reading and am so, one less reading away from being utterly behind in my course)....don't miss the Questions post below this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment