Sunday, September 02, 2007

ABC..easy as $1 $2 $3...

Back at the beginning of the summer, I stated that I was going to "grow" a habit. Instead of smoking or drinking, I buy flowers. And with that extra money (pack of cigs less the cost of flowers)...charity!

I thought I would take this moment to declare where I am going to put my money. I've actually mentioned this charity more than once on this blog. It's one of my favorites, because I feel like I get to truly choose where the money goes. I can't find those old posts (they are really old) now, but I promise I've mentioned it.

DonorsChoose.org. But this time, I actually know (and love) one of the teacher's requesting items for her classroom. Teacher (I am having a hard time deciding if I should give her name out...and I'm leaning towards no) is going to be in charge of her first classroom this year (yay!). So yes, I am going to plug her requests here. I don't really care if you all think its shameless or annoying. Hopefully some of you will take a look. If all of us gave $5, it would go a loooong way.

Teacher has her preference for which she wants most...but I don't feel like I want to put that here (but Teachy, feel free to comment). I sort of thought that, since one of the things I like the most about the donorschoose site is that freedom of choice, I should leave the "preferences" out of it. So if you feel like you might want to give...you can take a look at the comments and see if Teacher gave a preference or you can just visit and choose which you like best:

(in alphabetical order based on subject)
Request #1
Request #2
Request #3

I'm having some indecision (sort of like unwanted indigestion) as to which I'm going to give my habit money to....

3 comments:

  1. You're the BEST, I just want to put that out there!!!! I really appreciate you "advertising" my needs! However now I feel pressured to pick which one I really need, as oppose to want. I believe truly, request #3 is most important, because I HATE chalkboards, who uses chalkboards anymore, I don't even think I will be able to write legibly for students to learn on a chalkboard, which is why I really really want a whiteboard/dry-erase board for my classroom. Oh' and this is the other Katy by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DonorsChoose.org. But this time, I actually know (and love) one of the teacher's requesting items for her classroom.

    Come on, K? An apostrophe after "teacher" for a plural??? That's just wrong, and you know it.

    Your new hair looks good on you by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KT what a great idea. Thanks for posting. Insight would love to support these kinds of projects and we shall.

    ReplyDelete