Thursday, May 03, 2007

The waiting game...

That's where I feel that I am right now...firmly lodged in "the waiting game". Let's break it out into time increments, shall we?

In this minute: I'm waiting for my professor to post a midterm...a midterm that was promised to us on Wednesday, then delayed to Thursday afternoon. 9:00 pm on Thursday qualifies as night, right? Still waiting...

In this hour: I'm waiting for Luca and Abby to get married and for Neela to choose Ray. I'm also waiting to watch the end of my Tivo'd Ugly Betty and then possibly watch the Grey's Anatomy marathon (but that will probably wait until tomorrow)...

In the next 24 hours: Waiting for the midterm (hopefully not, hopefully it will be posted NOW. Ok....NOW) and then doing the midterm. Then waiting for the night when I'll go have a drink for the first time in ages (have to build up some tolerance for the Bachelorette party in July)...

In the next weekend: Waiting for the midterm to be over, to see the new family member, to get a concert ticket?

In the next months: Waiting for a friend to be in the city (yay! Congrats Kate!), waiting for the wedding, dreading the speech, waiting to cut my hair (can-not wait)

In the next years: Waiting to finally finish school (for good this time), to get a job, to buy a condo, to adopt a greyhound...

I'm sure that everyone else out there can quantify their life this way...it sort of makes it seem more manageable somehow and...somehow so far away...

No comments:

Post a Comment