Thursday, January 18, 2007

Adult decisions...

You have to pronounce it with the a as in apple. A-dult.

I think I mentioned an interview I had last week. Which went splendidly. One of my winningest qualities is my ability to kill an interview. I hope it doesn't sound braggerty, I just acknowledge that it's something I can just do (which is surprising considering I don't love meeting new people - it makes me nervous). Anyway, I hadn't heard from the "company" (it's really just a lady who is starting her own bridesmaid line - she already owns a design company for other fashiony stuff) so I thought it was a no-go. But she called today (or more accurately, spoke with my voicemail today). And basically offered me the position. It will be AWESOME experience although heavy in project management and low in programming. But it's unpaid. And in a weird location that will be impossible to get to without driving. And totally interesting (fashiony website? fun stuff).

Now consider that I had another interview today. I don't think I "killed" and they did have a ton of applicants. So I have no idea what my chances are. It is paid. It is basically "web development" work, which involves every aspect of every thing I want to do with my life. But much less interesting considering it's a position at this school.

I think I'll wait to hear from the second position before I respond to the "company" about the first position. Part of me hopes the interview today falls through - that I didn't land the job. That makes my decision easier. Because if I did get offered the paid internship? I have absolutely NO clue which way I lean. I may have to actually sit down and write out pro-con lists.

Sigh.

If you kept reading and didn't get bored, good for you! I just wanted to warn my regular readers that any day now I'm going to start blogging more about knitting. It's definitely something I will do regularly (a lot! I really, really like it). And I'm totally a geek and proud of the things I make. So I'm going to share with you. I'll make one promise - if I blog about knitting content, I will always label/title the post with the words knit or purl or something obvious so you know. And that way, dear readers, if you decide to embrace a wonderful tool, like bloglines, to tell you if blogs are updated, you can skip the knitting ones if you hate them...

No comments:

Post a Comment