Sunday, November 12, 2006

Toooot and a letter...

No I am not gaseous. Just tooting my own horn a little as my final project is pretty damn cool. I'm such a nerd. The whole process of creating a website just excites me. I have always been the type of person who likes to build things up from nothing and then just appreciate the end product. I still love Legos. Yes, I am a 25-year old woman that still loves Legos. I should be ashamed, but I'm not. I should qualify that most of the Legos I've loved recently have been of the Harry Potter variety. Lego has done some amazing crap with the Harry Potter series....all kinds of secret nooks and hidden doors. I would recommend HP Legos to any lover of the books or Lego nerd. Weirdly I feel a little apprehensive about putting my Lego love on the web. All you judgers out there - there's nothing wrong with a little joy in a simple thing (be it toy, book, knitting or website creation).

A letter:

Dear Food Network,

I love your challenges. I love your competitions. But I frequently find myself watching Iron Chef and thinking: what about the picky eaters? Or the vegetarians? Or the dietary restriction crowd? I would find it endlessly entertaining to see an Iron Chef or some kind of challenge for picky eaters...or just using the ingredient chicken. Or cheese, yes, cheese! Sure, the chefs can do great things with nice cuts of meat or fish. But what about making them compete vegetarian style? Let's see some thinking outside the box (you can do better than venison. You can do better than "superstars" Iron Chef...although this is compelling and I will probably tune in).

Katie

1 comment:

  1. I've seen a Iron Chef: Goat Cheese. But alas, it was not that interesting. Iron Chef is one of my least favorite shows on the Food Network.

    If food competition is your thing you should really check out Top Chef on Bravo. Recently they had to come up with a kid friendly menu that was under 500 calories. Quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete