Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Outrage...

I absolutely HATE dealing with credit card customer service people. I am frustrated.

One of my credit cards had a late payment last month and so I got charged $20 for it (um, yeah - does that seem a little steep? I wouldn't know, but it seems steep to me). I have NEVER been late on a payment and had the card for YEARS. I called them up a few weeks ago, explained that it had to be the fault of the mail - that I was a long time customer who always paid in full and never had been late. They agreed to reverse the charge but my credit history will forever be tainted by my one late payment (I'm not too worried about that anyway - oh well). So, I paid my next bill (subtracting the now reversed late payment) ON TIME (like usual).

I just got my next bill and it shows that I have a finance charge because I didn't pay in full. BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T REVERSE THE LATE CHARGE. I talked to a manager tonight and he seemed to think I must be stupid - I must be the kind of person who doesn't pay bills on time and expects the fee to be reversed. I explained that if he looked at my history I had never once been late and it must have been the USPS that caused it. AND that a previous lady HAD told me she'd reverse the payment. He got all smug and assy and told me I should have paid my bill in full (me interrupting "I DID.") and that I have other payment options -it seems there is blatant discrimination against sending real mail ("and please leave 7-10 days for it to get here on time" Like I don't know that). I HATED HIM. So now I am never using the card again. Never. And I'm going to write a mean email to someone to vent some of this rage.

I apologize for the angry nature of this post but that's how I feel and probably will for the next few hours of the day that I'm awake.

Last day of NaBloPoMo tomorrow...ya'll going to miss me?

3 comments:

  1. You need to pay them online so that there is no delays in them getting their money. Most credit card companies are vultures and make mony by being so. I would cancel the card and get another...they are a dime a dozen and there are some that are better than others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Cancel that card, get a new one, and start paying your bills online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just keep calling and you'll eventually get someone who will overturn the fee and remove the finance charge, as long as you are persuasive enough in your arguements. I agree with the cancelling the card angle too, that usually works. A few pieces of good news: I had an un-fair late fee charged to my card as well and it was $35, so I wouldn't say that $20 is too high. I actually paid my card a day too early, on the 30th instead of the 1st, even though I paid way over my minimum payment (twice actually, once at the beginning and once at the end of the month) they counted it towards the month before and said I didn't pay the current month. Also, unless you paid over 35 days late, a late payment shouldn't really effect your credit score.

    ReplyDelete