Monday, November 27, 2006

Content and dreaming I have been...

A mish-mosh of things today...

When my nose runs, I frequently employ a sort of crude method for keeping the snot in its correct place (ie in a kleenex). Basically I shove a kleenex in my nostril and just let it hang there. I think more people do this than admit it (and I mean, I only do it in private or with my family and friends around). And if you don't do it, then you are missing out on a perfect nose-running combatant. You should try it before you knock it.

Today I saw a lady with a piece of plastic hanging from her nostril. At first I was sure I must be mistaken and so, talked myself out of what I had seen. But I somehow passed the same lady again, and there again was the plastic (a good 5-10 minutes later). Plastic...like from a delivered newspaper. It was strange...and I couldn't help but wonder if she just liked things shoved up her nose or in fact, was preventing a nose run...

I went to the grocery store and managed to forget the two things I needed (soap and cottage cheese) and come away with things I didn't need (donuts). Sigh.

For some reason whenever I speak to "authority figures" I feel like crying. A month back when I was having problems with homework and I met with the prof to help me - felt like crying. Today, when asking my boss for fewer hours next quarter (something that I knew wouldn't be a problem - he always says "You're a student first, an employee second") I felt like crying. Both were possibly the kindest, gentlest authority figures I've known in the recent past and yet...cry-y. Makes NO sense. Don't worry, I did not cry in either case.

1 comment:

  1. I totally get the crying thing. When I had to tell my boss that that woman had yelled at me, I was almost crying.

    ReplyDelete