Thursday, October 26, 2006

The truth...and other news...

So it has officially been a month since I stopped blogging. And I still have no idea if I want to make this a permanent end or what. I've been so busy that I haven't had much time to think about it in general. I'm still totally undecided. Which, if you know me, is not a normal state of affairs. I'm usually a decisive individual....

While I was toiling over the decision one day at work (to blog, not to blog...) I came across this:


National Blog Posting Month. It's an interesting idea. Basically the idea is to post every single day for all of November. The exact opposite of what I did for October. I think it's brilliant - go from one extreme to the other. Maybe by posting every day I'll find I do have something interesting to say. Or, maybe it will convince me that I am done with this blog....either way, it will make for an interesting month. So...come see me November 1st. And every day after that...

Oh, and I thought I should tell you all of the reasons I felt I had to let go of the blog for a month:
  1. I really did feel tired of saying the same old crap, always talking about myself. It felt like I was whining most of the time.
  2. I was getting a mean comment every other day or so. And I mean, really rude comments (why, oh why, would you go to someone's personal blog and leave a mean comment? I will never understand). Part of me wanted to brush them off (there is no WAY this is the worst blog ever). But I realize that I already have a sort of "crusty outer shell" and the more I brush this stuff off, the "tougher" and more guarded I'll get. And I really don't want to be any crustier. So I had to let myself feel hurt by every single comment. And it just got to be a bit much - I was feeling bad about the blog and myself every other day. NOT FUN. So...if in November I start getting assy comments again, I'll probably turn comments off altogether. I love to hear from those of you who say funny, interesting things...but I won't do that at the expense of my feelings.
  3. Finally...I've been crazy busy this quarter. And now I've just added to that. But...there are only a few weeks left.
It should be interesting....see you next Wednesday.

3 comments:

  1. I had a bad experience with a mean commenter a few weeks ago. I ended up turning on comment moderation, which got rid of the person. I guess once he realized none of his comments would ever be posted again, he grew bored of my blog and moved on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A. no way you're the worst blog ever. i mean, have you seen that hamster's blog? It's way worse.
    B. at least someone's reading. The only comments i get are spammers.

    I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool idea re posting everyday for a month. I think you should keep at it... ignore what the idiots out there have to say. You are right, it is your personal blog so stuff them!

    ReplyDelete