Friday, September 01, 2006

Seriously?

I don't know where people find this blog or what kind of person you have to be to comment on someone's blog and say the following:

where to begin. manmeat? you are trying so hard NOT to be a lesbian it hurts. screech.

my favorite is you not remembering if you listened to screech's cd 2 OR 3 times. who confuses 2 and 3??? I know - idiots on "Cops" that can't remember whether they had two or three DUIs.

But I do know that this is MY blog - and so these comments will be deleted. And, what is truly hilarious is that this anonymous commenter who so clearly hated my blog the first time they came, came back again. If you hated it, why'd you come back?

Let's address this comment: You are right, I'm a lesbian because I find Justin Timberlake sexy - and somehow my use of the term man-meat shows this also? I also must be like an idiot on cops because I didn't keep track of how many times I listened to the CD at work. Since listening to Justin Timberlake's CD is just as memorable as being arrested for drunk driving. Very obvious assumptions you're making here (read: sarcasm).

I'm now going to moderate my comments. So, sure you can still tell me you hate me anonymous, but at least other people won't have to read it. And I just HATE that people can be this rude. I truly do not know how this person can feel good about leaving these comments - it's so petty and small to "attack" someone you don't know. It boggles.

My sister was pretty horrified by the first comment, but I said, well, everyone doesn't have to like this blog, that's fine, I'll leave it, it's sort of funny. But now it's clear this commenter is a bully, that's the best term I can think of, and is going to continue commenting in a negative fashion. So commenter, you hate this blog - you're not welcome here, GO AWAY.

It's stuff like this that makes me question this blogging thing.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think that your mean commenters must know you. Because who would be that mean to a stranger? And furthermore, why would they keep being mean? And I mean, why you? There are people out there who are saying the same shit you are and not getting flamed.

    That's why I keep coming back to the idea that it's someone who knows you and has a Katie vendetta, and is a really big asshole. It's really hard for me to understand it any other way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, the thing about blogging is that you are putting personal stuff out there in cyberspace for strangers to read. This is your blog, your outlet, your thoughts, feelings etc, but they are publically available for ppl to read and comment on. Just remember not to take them to heart cos these peeps don't know you, but for what they read. And DO moderate if you don't others to read the nasty stuff.

    ReplyDelete