Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Crafting frustration...

With school on, I rarely get as much time as usual to craft. Past crafts include color books and cards. The current craft is a seriously large knitting project (I don't want to tell what it is because there is a small, very slim chance that the recipient of said craft reads this blog). There have been many varied frustrations with the knitting project. At one point I had to unknit about 500 stitches to make a yarn switch look better. I dropped half a stitch at one point and couldn't figure it out. Basically Mary over at the Knitting Workshop has been an invaluable resource.

But tonight, tonight I have a frustration that is not of my making. I am about 20 stitches into a row when all of the sudden my skein produces a knotted piece of yarn. I assume I made a loopy knot (easy to correct). No. Not so. The skein has a knot in it, connecting two cut pieces of string. That is bad business! The skein can't be doing this to me! I'm in shock. I called Mary and left a message...and I'm going to see her on Friday. So frustrating! I'm going to have to waste half a skein with a yarn switch that isn't necessary. And, I can only imagine that Mary or the yarn producers are going to think I cut the yarn accidentally and made the knot myself. Which is annoying.

One of the worst parts is that I can't work on the project anymore tonight - my one night off a week when I have time. I feel like it is NEVER going to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment