Thursday, September 21, 2006

And in this dream tell us are you satisfied with...

Lately my dreams have been crazy. I don't mean just weird, I mean crazy. Last night Dave Matthews died in my dream. I can remember being distraught and talking with my sister about it (I believe we were both crying). Thinking how I'd never see the band live again and being so upset about it. But then, the sister laid a bombshell on me.

Dave had died in scandalous circumstances. He was shooting some kind of dirty movie and was dressed up like a woman at the time of his death. At this point, the dream morphed into some kind of reality show, involving a very complicated group obstacle course/maze.

Lately I've been thinking about music a lot. I used to live for seeing DMB live. And I can remember (which is shocking) many great shows. After high school the crowds got worse and worse until it has been virtually impossible for me to go to a show and sit on the lawn. Even in the seats inevitably there will be a girl behind you peeing or drunk obnoxious businessmen next to you wooing in the lead up to Warehouse. I HATE those woos.

I haven't been able to listen to Coldplay for at least 6 months. I don't know why. I just CAN'T listen to it. I can't figure out why and I have tried to force myself but to no avail. I feel this way about half of my music right now. Coldplay is probably the worst, I can listen to maybe two of their songs. Dashboard is right behind them, followed by DMB. I am not even really enjoying Death Cab. It all makes listening to the IPod really difficult. Hopefully my distaste for all my music will fade...

2 comments:

  1. The new BNL album is pretty good. Since they have gone indie their sound has really matured. I think that you might like this album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you need an intervention? Or maybe you just need to come over and scroll through our thousands of songs and try some new stuff out. Maybe on Friday night?

    ReplyDelete