Monday, August 21, 2006

Which blog will it be...

Today I planned about 8 different blog entries. Ranging from rude to silly. I am going to go with something middle of the road. Namely: book quest update.

I finished The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen. I really liked it. It was a book about a family, which is a departure from what I was getting used to: political turmoil, drugs, war, etc. Although to be fair The Corrections actually does have all of those things in it, but it really is centered around the family. All in all, one of my top reads on the list so far.

Now I'm on to Neuromancer by William Gibson. This is definitely a further departure from my usual reading. Science Fiction (although I do confess that I don't mind some sci fi). I'm maybe 12 pages in and pretty confused. I think I understand what's going on (big picture style) but certain details are missing. Maybe they are supposed to be missing or maybe I'm just dense...all I know is that my current question is: his nervous system was maimed? So what does this mean for his body? Why can't he perform his old job (ie: hacking into companies and thieving money)?

1 comment:

  1. Well, it seems like you know as much as I did at that point. It was the end that was completely above me.

    Let me know how it progresses.

    ReplyDelete