Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Tired. Lazy. Revisit....

Ok, so here we go, time for a lame cop-out blog entry. I strive to keep my usual readers around (who are you by the way? There must be at least 20+ of you that read this daily and I know maybe 6 people who openly read this). Anyway, class has started now. I'll be busy with programming and reading 4 chapters a weekend. My blogging might fall off. Here's something easy to do that I saw here:

Revisit the 26 of 2006
Items in italics are done/being done
  1. Go on at least 3 dates (with 3 different people).
  2. Learn how to html, and therefore revolutionize my blog.
  3. Exercise fairly regularly. And if not that, then at least sometimes.
  4. Move my square of city exploration out a bit more - some places I'd like to explore are Wicker Park, Boystown, even just Lakeview.
  5. Cook a meal at least once a week. Even if it is tacos every other week.
  6. Go see the Chicago Symphony Orchestra and a ballet somewhere.
  7. Convince my sister and S to move to the city.
  8. Have a friend (make a friend?) in the city (sister does not count).
  9. Buy another Frank Lloyd Wright cross-stitch, finish it and frame it to help with #10.
  10. Put more items up on the walls - blank walls = boring walls.
  11. Visit somewhere I've never been..
  12. Be better with letter writing. I was not up to my usual high volumes of mail. I'd like to send something to someone about every other day.
  13. Thorough spring cleaning.
  14. Watch 3 new movies a week (this is highly improbable, but I would like to do it). --I'm close with this one...really, really close.
  15. Try the Salt & Pepper diner, Sweet Mandy B's, that pancake house on Clark, just try some new food places.
  16. Get an assistantship (this will have to be late 2006).
  17. Have a high GPA - but NOT be insanely stressed.
  18. Lose holiday weight and keep it off....in other words, stay true to the points.
  19. Go to another hockey game or two.
  20. Pay more attention to politics/world news. this one is a toss-up. I'm better than I was, but not great.
  21. Start taking vitamins.
  22. Visit the Mooj more since my brother is going to be leaving for college (SCARY).
  23. I'll build on #22 and say: see each family member at least once each month. Although the brother might be too hard...
  24. Think before I speak (a little more) or tone down the brutality of my honesty.
  25. Fall in love (please?).
  26. Keep on top of the clutter/stay organized.
Not too bad. Not too good either. #2 will be done by the end of November. I was good with number 3 for about 2 months. Will have to start up again.

For number 18, I vow:

Dear Diet,

It's been so long since we've been together! Your points and crappy snacks...I can't say that i've missed you. But my spare tire/buddha belly/pooch has. I have plans all weekend. Rendevous on Monday? This time we'll be together forever (right?).

Katie

1 comment:

  1. Skip the Salt & Pepper Diner (same ole boring food as everywhere else) and go down to Sweet Maple Cafe. Mmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete