Monday, July 24, 2006

Since last we met...

  • I spent a day with two of my high school girls and had an uproariously good time. We also saw a boy from high school, his wife and their baby. Growing up is weird. Talked a lot about how old we are, especially since one of the girls is getting married next summer. A year from Thursday. Scary, huh Kate?
  • I did all my laundry (Ok fine, my mom did all my laundry. While I was with the high school friends talking about how grown up we are. Eeerrr, grown-ups still have their mom do their laundry occasionally right?).
  • Went to a fine art fair.
  • Did some homework.
  • Avoided some reading for my class.
  • Watched in awe as Mona jumped about 5 feet in the air trying to catch a twist tie (her favorite toy). I think her body was at least at the height of my head.
  • Since I last updated about Time 100 I have finished two more books (hell yeah!), Invisible Man and Ragtime. Both were a good read. Such a relief from Infinite Jest. Next up: The Alchemist.
  • I walked all over the "Sheffield Garden District" on a garden walk. A few hours in the sun, no sunscreen and absolutely no difference in skin tone. I am a pasty, white, non-tanning mutant. My power is the ability to stay so white.
  • Not only do I knit and purl, I also bind off and cast on (I believe we were taught the long-tail method). Tonight we might be trying lace, cabling, and most definitely learning how to correct errors/dropped stitches.

I believe that the blogging will be this sporadic until September. Possibly, depending on the course load, until after Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment