Monday, July 31, 2006

Poison B & J...

Today for lunch, I get to starve. A tiny 100 Calorie Packet of Goldfish and water. No, I am not on a starvation diet, merely counting points. I had a lovely PB&J ready to eat, took one bite and realized something about it was off. It tasted like chemically poisony.....soap? Maybe. My hypothesis is:

There were some drops/puddle of standing water in the Glad container I put the sandwich in. This water was leftover from the dishwasher. And soaked into my sandwich. I have absolutely no proof of this. A PB&J gets a little oogy after sitting around for a while, so any dampness could be attributed to that. Either way, I can't eat the sandwich. And to be safe, I'm throwing away the sandwich and container.

So why only the goldfish? Well, I am counting points, so the only feasible lunch is Subway. And according to weather.com, it "feels like 103" out right now. So I absolutely refuse to walk around out there just for a sandwich. My options in the building are basically a donut or Sbarros. And I refuse.

Sure, walking home in the predicted "feels like 106" after work on an empty-ish stomach is not smart.

I know posting about the heat is annoying, but has anyone else noticed that is is cooler in Arizona right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment