Thursday, August 03, 2006

Welcome August...

For the past week I've been seriously tired/exhausted/useless and I realize there are a number of outside factors I can blame it on:
  1. the weather
  2. I'm sticking strong to the diet, which means my body is adjusting to this whole not stuffing the face thing.
But now today I am thinking maybe I have just been sick for a few days. Today I feel extra awful. (this next paragraph may be harmful to some readers with delicate sensibilities) On the way to work, about 1/4 of a block away from my apartment building I almost turned around because I thought I was going to shit my pants. I did not turn around. I proceeded here, to work. For the next 40 minutes (on my walk to work, the L ride) I nervously considered what I would do if I had in fact, shat my pants. The fact that I couldn't tell should have alarmed me. But, I just came up with a logical progression of what I would do if I had soiled myself. Before even entering my particular office suite, I hit up a deserted bathroom. You'll all be happy to know that my underwear is still white. Lovely story heh? Didn't think you'd be getting this kind of information when you started reading?

So yeah...I think I have to skip my class tonight. Which just completely and entirely sucks. I technically won't miss anything (I can watch the whole lecture from the comfort of my couch tomorrow), but sitting and watching 3 hours of boring, boring lecture while at home surrounded by other things you could/want to be doing is excrutiating. It's harder than actually just going to class (which I must confess I read through the whole thing anyway. He's not the best, this professor). Speaking of reading:

I finished Lovely Bones. It is the only book (with a few exceptions, like LOTR) that I feel I might have read even without the list. It's more along the lines of the things I read in everyday life, so it was an easy, enjoyable read. I'm not sure about it's spot on the list of books you should read before you die (the list made by librarians, this was not a Time 100 book. We added the 30 books you should read before you die. Which is why there are a total of 122 books. I think I went through this all before). I mean...it was engaging, but just a normal book. Meh.

Next up (already 1/5 of the way into it): The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen.

1 comment: