Sunday, July 09, 2006

In the grasp of dusk and summer...

I have decided that unlike most of the population, I dislike summer. In fact, my current rank of seasons is as follows:
  1. Fall
  2. Spring
  3. Winter
  4. Summer
I love some things about summer: ability to be outside some of the time (it can get too hot), farmer's markets, less school. I don't like getting to work sweaty, the air conditioner, the windows closed all the time or being sweaty period.

On a totally unrelated thread of things I dislike: blank walls. I've been slowly working my way towards getting a bunch of stuff on the walls in my apartment. I just put some of these on the bedroom wall. They look OK (not as brilliant as I imagined, but not bad - painted two shades of blue and silver). I also have these to put somewhere downstairs. I'm unsure of where. My newest idea is to put them in that blank wall space right under the balcony. Anyone who knows the apartment, any suggestions? They will be painted two shades of red and black.

I also just found these corkboard tiles online and really want to make a checkerboard tackboard on the wall by my desk on the balcony. Now I just have to decide about colors...

1 comment:

  1. Summer blows - especially in the midwest. I'm all about fall!

    ReplyDelete