Monday, July 10, 2006

Observe...

I knit. I purl. Now I just have to get a bit better at it. Next week I will bind off and cast on (is that right?). And then I'll be on my way...

My classmates (there are 4 of us) are diverse. A trixie about my age, a 70 year old non-stop chatterbox and a 35-40 year old single working woman. The teacher/shop owner is possibly my favorite. Down to earth, kind of funny in a quirky cynical knitter way. I'm very happy with the class and the place. I learned really quickly and Mary (the owner/teacher) took each of us at our own pace. Chatterbox only learned to knit. The rest of us are knitting and purling. I'm on my way to ultimate nerdery.

Possibly one of my least favorite things is the sound of someone else clipping their nails. Not cutting. Clipping. In their office. Sort of loudly and echoing. That shouldn't be ok should it? Close the door to clip your nails.

On my walk to class I passed a woman all in running gear (spandex, a jacket, hair back, running shoes, a CD walkman). She was walking. With a cigarette. Do you think she tells her significant other that she's running and then goes out walking and chain smokes? That was my first thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment