Sunday, April 30, 2006

If I had a memory that lasted longer than 12.5 seconds I would have named this post the name of a chinese folk song that Lang Lang played at the piano recital this afternoon. But, I don't have memory, so alas, the song is forgotten and there is no title.

So. Lang Lang. I enjoyed the recital although I do admit to a touch of boredom in the first half of the show (two long pieces that took about an hour, compared to the second half which was 5 pieces that took 30 minutes or so). In case you don't know, Lang Lang is a piano prodigy...he's 23 and plays all over the world. He's also a funny little man. He makes love to his piano and the music (orgasm faces, quirky smiles, swaying, etc.). A lady behind us was complaining about his "theatrics." I thought it was intriguing - I couldn't decide if it was theatrics or something he couldn't control. I also confessed at intermission that I just wanted to hear Lang Lang talk...what would he sound like? He did talk, right before the encore performance (the folk song I don't know the name of) and he is kind of dreamy. All in all a good afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. If I heard Lang Lang correctly: "The Moon Reflection on the Lake"

    ReplyDelete