Monday, March 06, 2006

WB drama...

Ok, now I've never been shy about my addiction and love for teen drama (mostly of the WB variety, although the OC had me for about half a season. They lost me fairly swiftly in the past few months. I could care less about anyone other than Seth. And I think that's just because I secretly think I'd adore him in real life. But I digress...). Recently I've been watching WB's newest drama, Related. At first it seemed like it was falling into that trite, delectable WB formula. But I have since really felt the show. And that doesn't happen very often. I mean, don't we all watch shows for the mindless entertainment?

The show is about sisters...and it always, always makes me think of my mom and my sister. Always in a good way...the sisters on the show fight/bicker but generally like each other. Which I think is the definition of my relationship with my sister.

And for those of you who read this regularly, I'd like to state that I do not actually have (and hopefully will avoid it) any student loans. I am lucky enough to be a sort of "trust-fund baby" with a lot of savings to back up my grad school habit. However...I'm trying to make the savings stretch over the two years this will most likely take. So I guess I am a shit, like I shouldn't whine until I have $30,000 in loans. So I am labeled "official shit of the week."

2 comments:

  1. I think THE CRITIC is appropriately named. Do you feel good critic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it looks like Kate already has defenders, but perhaps I'm the person most like her in the monetary way....

    I just want to say that you can't really judge Kate (and I) for having money. That's just as bad as someone judging you for not. We happen to be very lucky girls (and we know it) who happened to be born to the people we were born to. And lest you think that "trust fund"=Paris Hilton-esque amounts of money, let me reassure you, it decidedly does not. I refuse to tell you exactly how much it is, but it's not enough to live on and get and education with. Especially if your school is DePaul and you live in the city.

    As for boasting, don't you think she would have done it before if that's what it was about? My sister and I never boast about our money; and I am ever reticent to disclose it at all, because of jerks like you. Kate and I know money is a sensitive topic; we also know that just because you have a savings account with money it now doesn't mean after two/three years of grad school you will. Having money does not mean you are immune to worrying about it.

    Shame on you, for being such a judgemental prick.

    ReplyDelete