Monday, March 06, 2006

Shit, DePaul...shittttt...

I planned not to write for a bit to find fun, interesting things to write about rather than whine, whine, whine, whine. But guess what? DePaul has crushed that idea with a 5% tuition rate increase. Yeah. So, instead of $551 per credit hour (I have approximately 56 credit hours left - not including undergrad courses...so that's $30,000 left which doesn't include what I've already paid and what is due on the 17th. Gasp!) it will now be $575 dollars a credit hour. Which brings my new total cost to $32,000. Holy crap grad school. Crap. That's not including cost of living either oh, and the 2 undergrad courses I have left.

The hits just keep coming...first my health insurance is trying to deny my $500 biopsy...and my next appointment won't be covered on the new insurance. Now this.

Update: my previous insurance company has admitted they should have to pay that $500. Let's see if it actually happens...

4 comments:

  1. I like to think of my grad school debt (now within a scant $27,000 and 15 years of being paid off!) as a House of Knowledge.

    It's a coping mechanism.
    -cK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. DePaul pulled the same crap on me when I was there for grad school. I left w/an additional $30K in loans - not as though the $35K I had in undergrad loans was enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, loans suck ass. I think of it like I'm buying a house only I decided to just give the house to the University. Wasn't that nice of me? I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. depaul raises the tution every year or so .. when I was doing by bachelors from DePaul CTI .. i remember they raised the tution ...

    The rise is surprising because DePaul is a non-profit organization ..

    You're doing your Masters from DePaul?

    ReplyDelete