Friday, February 03, 2006

Why I hate water...

  1. Mona has recently lost her mind and decided that any apparatus holding large amounts of water is her enemy. She has taken to attacking both the humidifier and her water bowl (it is a waterfall that has a little tank to refill itself). She hisses at them, spits, bats. Yesterday she somehow turned off the humidifier. Now I worry that she isn't getting anything to drink...stupid, weird cat.
  2. It is raining. I wanted to do laundry. I do not want to walk to the laundry room in the rain (yes I have to walk outside to get to the laundry room in my building).
  3. I have an irrational fear of deep water. You wouldn't think this is a problem when in class on the 12th floor in the Loop. However, I experienced a weird sort of internal panic when we were talking about wires. Wires in ocean trenches. I was trying to figure out how they did it...I know they say there is little we know about the middle of the ocean. So how the hell did they get a wire across the bottom of the ocean? anyone? Totally freaked myself out by imagining the depths of the ocean.

1 comment:

  1. they have this enormously long cable (miles and miles and miles long) that they quite literally unwind off a ship while at sea and let it drop until it hits the bottom. nobody's at the bottom checking what it's sitting on; could be atlantis, could be an alien starship, could be a kraken. they just keep uncoiling and going.

    ReplyDelete