Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Procrastination abounds...

I'm busy organizing to study while not actually doing any studying. I have a few random things to say...

My sister was telling me the other night that she was never able to study, and if I can manage to study at all I'm a step ahead. Then last night she remarked that she didn't know why I worry about midterms because I'll get A's anyway. In some ways she is right...but in other ways I think she forgets that I am not as gifted as her. I don't have a photographic memory. If I don't know something before I test, I can learn it in the 5 minutes leading up to the test. My memory is such that I forget things constantly. So it is not a given that I will get an A. I, like most of the world, do have to study. I am lucky enough that I don't have to study much...but for me, an A is not a given. And for the classes I am taking now, in two of them an A is not even likely. Will I get worse than a B? Probably not. But still...I can't take my brain for granted. I can't go carousing (ok, I never carouse...but there is a super bowl party that she would like me to go to...because she likes me and because she wants me to bring her her new purse) the day before an exam.

Ate at Frontera last night. It was scrumptious. Delightful. I can't say enough about how good it was. If you are a Chicago resident and you've never been...you're really missing out.

And finally, I am in a great mood today because I had not one, but two tasty dreams last night. One involved a malfunctioning elevator, me and computer guy from my old company. No, it was not a sex dream. But it was right at that line between innocent and naughty. Delicious. The other was far dirtier...I won't go into details....the boy..well, I'm still not entirely sure who...it was a mish mash, at one moment it was one person and the next somebody different.

Oprah is dancing on my Tivo'd Oprah show. It's a disaster.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if I ever really learned how to study. High school wasn't pretty, college was a little bit better. But I think that I have always had trouble sitting down with notes or a book and trying to pull our the important stuff. College was ok because it was projects and papers. I could do those. I did them well enough to be able to do not so good on exams and still pull out decent grades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was an english major -no tests, just papers. but whether paper or test - i was a big proponent of cramming: i would write or study and not sleep for about 24 hours before the test, take the test/turn in paper, promptly forget everything i just learned, then sleep for 14 hours. funny, i was in english major and i'm not sure if i spelled "whether" or "promptly" right.
    good luck!

    ReplyDelete