Sunday, February 12, 2006

No whammy....

So all my friends have been talking of their winter funks...and I thought it was lucky to be coming out of the holidays and through January with no funk. But now I've hit my funk. I'm funky. Not in the "groovy" sense of the word, but in the "smelly cheese" sense.

I feel blah. I'm grouchy. I whine of my lack of things to do (see last post) but don't do anything about it (with many options TO do something about it).

It looks like February is my stinky funk month.

I keep trying to mentally psych myself up with the following items:
  • Friend in town this week!
  • Excuse to buy truffles (and cheat, cheat, cheat the diet) due to Valentine's Day. I see Valentine's day not as a "lovers" holiday (probably because I have been single on every V-day I can remember) but as a holiday to pamper myself. Flowers, truffles...
  • No more midterm stress...
  • Spring is so close, so close. Then I get to plant flowers, have a week off, see my friends (and Wicked!), walk around more, etc.
I think lately it just feels closer to me that NONE of my friends live here. I have more free time and more desire to use that free time in social ways (my social = zoo, movie, lunch, show, dinner...anything but a bar). And I have no friends in the Chicago-land area.

Oh wait, is that me whining again? See paragraph two above.

P.S. - growing wonder at the words blogger spell check doesn't know. Truffles?

No comments:

Post a Comment