Saturday, February 18, 2006

Anything but reading...

This site is intriguing. I think this idea is a really good one. I know many of you out there aren't in a place to donate money for this kind of thing, but I urge you to look at the site anyway. Personally, I'm thinking of finding a Chicago project that sounds good and going for it. I technically don't have the money to spare, but because of registration issues, I might have a lot more free time next quarter...therefore I may get a job. I've already started the process with the career center. Anyway, even if you don't have money, go read some of these teacher's ideas.

And I found it really interesting that Chicago area schools are sometimes 90% or more low-income. Even Katrina impacted areas are only around 50%.

My other non-productive new favorite thing is downloading fonts. Free fonts are everywhere. I heart fonts.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely stuff at this blog, friend. Agreed: Menace to those who'd cast ill at you! Hey: The Crushers are on your side.

    Happy days,
    -cK

    ReplyDelete