Sunday, January 22, 2006

Sour stomach...

That title is an ode to the Pepto song. Which is currently stuck in my head. Catchy little ditty. Annoying.

About once a month (if this isn't obvious to you think pre-menstrual. All the boys shift uncomfortably) my life becomes dramatic. Like yesterday when I was convinced that none of my friends are really my good friends anymore since I never hear from them. Or when I cried fairly hard at Radio (which I believe was engineered for just that). Or when I was overflowing with love for my cats.

So that is what I have been doing. And reading lots of school crap. And eating all the time.

One thing I forgot to ramble about before is my ability to attract needy classmates. Let me explain: somehow, I always manage to sit next to a struggling classmate. Someone who feels the need to tell me how much they suck at the subject. Then asks me for my email/phone number so I can help them. At that moment I always feel a tiny bit of irrational hatred for these people. Why do they feel it is my job to help them? At which point there is the most awkward moment in the world when I say No, thanks. Maybe it's awful of me not to help my struggling classmates. But I am not going to carry these people through classes. I already spend all of my weekend reading so I can keep up. I obviously feel some guilt over my hatred and not helping. But I just can't.

Now I'm going to go do that reading and try to remember that maybe my friends don't check their email every other minute like I do.

1 comment:

  1. That happened to me too, in my first library class. I had to tell this woman (very stupid woman) that there simply was no way I could help her, and that she should try talking to the professor about her problems. I think she was shocked, but I didn't care. She would have made my life a living hell.

    ReplyDelete