Friday, January 06, 2006

Gibberish...

Please pronounce that like my Java professor: gib (rhymes with bib and Pibb) gibberish. She's Italian (do not pronounce that eye-talian. I hate that).

Today I saw Bush arrive. Some of you may gasp (in disgust) that I got to see the Prez in person...but you would be wrong. I saw him arrive. As in, I watched the helicopter procession go over Lincoln Park. And I didn't choose to watch..I just happened to see it while walking home from the store. The man arrives in style, in a weird helicopter/plane dealio.

I witnessed stupidity today. A woman handed her mail to the PO worker and the stamp was on the bottom left corner. Now, I give credit to the worker for not being rude, because she very politely explained how a mail machine works and that the stamp always goes in the upper right corner. I thought for a minute that maybe the girl was foreign (don't think so) but even foreign people put it in the upper right (right?)...

And finally, I figured out two ways to tell if I am being true to the weightwatchers diet:
  1. I dream about cookies (they were oh so tasty in my dream)
  2. I have pickles in the fridge (perfect munching diet food)

4 comments:

  1. you're very nicely written. i'm bookmarking this blog. you remind me of my own daughter. quite mature for her age...

    keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how else would you pronounce the word, "gibberish?" I'm confused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I didn't make it clear..you're right. Think of Ben Gibbard. Gibbarish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha I was afraid that was what you were describing.

    You could have written, "Do not pronounce it "ggibarish" to clarify that you were anti-ggib.

    Anyway. Yeah. I'm back in Lincoln Park now. Good.

    ReplyDelete