Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Blurgy, burrgle, blurgaroo...

That is my stomach this past week. Usually my stomach feels better while on a diet (I tend to overindulge in my real life eating scenarios. Because I heart food). But...I have overindulged in tomatoes. For some reason anything involving tomatoes makes me ill. I ate two slices on a BLT and about a Tbsp. of tomato sauce (a tiny bit) for dinner for two days in a row and bam, I'm wrecked for the week. I'm Italian, I should be able to handle tomatoes. Damn you stomach, damn you...

The "L" has put me in a snarky mood. There was some kind of 25 minute delay caused by equipment failure. Waiting outside on a cold platform...to get on a train that is eventually packed like sardines...no fun. Plus, how boring is an equipment failure? Delays should be caused by births...and trains falling off of tracks (with no casualties, only minor head bumps). Exciting things. Not equipment failure.

Walking home I saw an attractive man with the shortest (not tapered, wide legs....which may be worst) jeans ever. They were literally above his boot like sneakers. I snarked him in my head the whole walk home.


Has anyone else noticed (and been dismayed) by the immediate replacement of Christmas decorations with Valentine's day? Started as early as a few days after the New Year. I feel like stores are out of control with the decoration thing...from holiday to holiday with no spaces in between. It will go like this: Christmas into Valentine's Day into Easter into 4th of July (there must be a break here) Halloween into Thanksgiving into Christmas...

Since I do not have a Valentine this year I think Moojy, you should be my Valentine. I'll send you flowers if you send me some! Are you in? I think you should leave a comment. Comment, comment, comment!! (The mom never comments, but always reads).

1 comment:

  1. The Target near my work has not put up their Valentine's Day decorations yet and I am almost annoyed by that fact. I was really in the mood for Brach's cherry flavored jelly hearts and since they had yet to display Valentine's day stuff I was denied my candy hearts. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete