Saturday, January 28, 2006

7 inches too short....

Sometimes I feel like I have something great to say and then I get stuck in the words. I can't make it sound like I hoped and the big idea slips through the spaces...I feel like that tonight.

Do you ever look around and compare yourself to your peers? If you said no, you are lying. Lately, with this whole career crisis/going back to school, I have frequently looked around and wondered what I should have accomplished at this point in my life. True, graduating college is grand. Getting a job and being successful was something. But my ideal, my vision of what accomplishment is has nothing to do with monetary success or a diploma. But what is my definition of accomplishment?

I struggled, still struggle with this question. I feel that most of my friends are accomplishing things, or have accomplished goals.

Most of the time I feel like when I compare, I come up short. And usually I can't put my finger on what my corresponding accomplishment should be. In other words, sure this person has done: a, b, c. A, b and c would never be right for me...but what are my a, b and c?

1 comment:

  1. Katie,

    If you're assessing your current position in life with goals you set like in junior high, cease and desist, my friend.

    You're where you need to be, and that's struggling like hell to get to know who you are. Jobs, money, relationships don't matter more than that. I have 10 years on you and I see alot of my peers who haven't a clue who they are and never even THOUGHT to figure it out before they became spouses, parents, homeowners, and middle managers. It's sad.

    ReplyDelete