Friday, December 30, 2005

Where the memes go...

1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
I wrote a two-week notice letter.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I made 4 last year: I did get some cats. I also know Chicago a bit better. The other two: I did get a promotion, but I also figured out how much I hated the job and quit. I did not take an art class.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Sort of.

5. What countries did you visit?
Um....the U.S.

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
A date or two. More things on my walls.

7. What dates from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Last day of work, Lollapalooza, Hawaii, Disney...etc.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Quitting my job and getting into grad school.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I think maybe sticking with the job for as long as I did.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Had a cancer scare but mostly because I like my sister am a hypochondriac.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Two lovely little (alright, one is fat) cats.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I hear Heath Ledger was excellent in Brokeback Mountain....?

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
El President Busho.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Right down the crapper (really into the extravagantly expensive abode I call home)

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Vacations. Quitting. Christmas.

16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
Brothers on a Hotel Bed. Probably anything from the Killers.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
happier
b) thinner or fatter?
fatter...boooo. Come 1/1 this will hopefully change to equal.
c) richer or poorer?
um...technically I think I'm richer.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exploring. Going places after work, just doing things...

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Working.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it with my family.

21. Did you fall in love in 2005?
If my cats count, yes. If you only want real people, no.

22. How many one-night stands?
Even if I had had any (let's call 2005 a dry, dry year), who would confess?

23. What was your favorite TV program?
Probably Degrassi. But I heart loads of programs.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope.

25. What was the best book you read?
Harry Potter.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don't really discover anything...

27. What did you want and get?
I got to not be an adult...

28. What did you want and not get?
$1 Million dollars?

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
I really liked Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. But, I didn't see a lot of movies this year that came out that I expect to love.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was in Disney World! I am now 24.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Less dryness?

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
I don't have a fashion concept. I wear things I like and generally look like a slob most of the time.

33. What kept you sane?
To be honest, my family and friends. And sadly, having someone (something?) to come home to.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hmm, I fancied Jake with no hair.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
I try to avoid it, because it is all stirring.

36. Who did you miss?
Most of my friends are scattered far and wide, and I'm pretty sure I've missed all of them at some point.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
I don't really know yet.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005:
Having a solid, secure job and making money won't necessarily make you happy.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Blanker than blank. I can never think of anything good for quotes/song lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment