Thursday, July 07, 2005

Question 1...

Can you explain how senseless death and bombings prove any point at all? I just can't wrap my mind around it, why do some feel like killing people is the way to make a point?

I love London. I lived there for three months and loved it. If it wasn't an 8 hour plane flight and a 6 hour time change away, I could imagine myself living in London. I was looking at all these high tech interactive maps of where the bombings took place and it seems like a tourist/businessman aimed plot. I can't imagine how scary it would be to be in the underground and have a bomb go off. Even if I wasn't right there, I'm sure it got dark and smoky and scary and loud. It horrifies me. My college friend J was saying how removed from it she felt. In some ways I do too. Comparing it to 9/11, to be honest, I feel mostly the same. My reaction is a little like denial. Why do people do this?

The one thing I keep fixing on from London is Budgens. My grocery store. I can remember every inch of that little store. Ah Budgens.

1 comment:

  1. yeah it makes no sense why anyone would blow up things like those terrorists are.

    Of course, you and I, along with most other people have common sense, which apparently those who carry out such attacks, do not.

    ReplyDelete