Saturday, April 02, 2005

Traumatized....

I almost am tempted to never go to the vet again. Maybe just Mona. Poor Boku.

I started to try to catch her at 7:30. She was in the crate at 7:50ish, but not without incident. First, she went under the couch, so I broomed her out (that happened a few times actually). She runs upstairs (which was my plan). Has nowhere to go because I'm blocking the stairs. So she JUMPS FROM THE BALCONY. No kidding. It was totally scary and I almost gave up. I have never seen a cat SO scared. She wasn't scared, she was terrified. So she goes and hides in the pantry. I actually got a hold of her in there, but not a good one because she managed to scratch the hell out of every part of my body and get away. I have wrist wounds, leg wounds, and the worse one is on my back (I'm not even sure how it happened, but there are two huge scratches). I finally managed to grab her the right way (of course with a towel over her) when she thought hiding behind the curtains on the window ledge was a good plan. I put the carrier on the table, grabbed her and shoved.

Mona was much easier, I cornered her in the bathroom and grabbed her. She was lulled into liking me and I used it against her.

At the vet, Boku shocked the nurse, who apparentely has never seen a cat more terrified of humans. The thing is, she doesn't try to bite or anything, she just flees. I mean, she vaults off of the exam table, when the nurse makes a grab for her, she runs from him and managed to get into a corner on the counter. She had to be forcibly held down (scruff of neck) to get checked over. Mona was pretty dreamy comparatively. She came out, laid down in a scared position and let anyone do whatever they wanted to her. She's really turned out to be a great cat. Boku...well, I just don't know.

We all had a rough day already (and it's only 10:18) and now they're hiding. I'm just glad I get to go out tonight. I'd tell you what I'm doing but its a surprise for my Mom. I have high hopes for the evening though, take my mind off of stuff!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Koodge, can you take my first name off of your links? Just so that I can try to maintain some anonymity?
    Thanks sissa.

    ReplyDelete