Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Watch out...

I'm tired. Really, bone tired. The phone on my nightstand (keep it there because i'm paranoid/in case of emergency) was dying. So it woke me up beeping in the middle of the night. Could not, i mean just could not fall back asleep. At one point (around 3:30) I almost went downstairs to watch TV. But I stuck it out. I think at last check it was 5 and then I must have fallen asleep. I went to bed late anyway because I had a rowdy cat (only a few mentions in this blog and they all follow). I've decided to name her Mona. Not sure why...but I think it fits. I think she is a dog in a cat's body. She chases things you throw for her and her tail. Last night she slept in my bed, it was quiet and nice.

On to many other things:

First, I'd like to direct your attention to a new blog on the sidebar. My friend Alex (yay for using a real name) is starting her very own blog. Good luck in Vermont, I can't wait to read all about it!

Second, to my family and friends: I got pestered and even a little harrassed last night for being single. Now, I do feel it was not meant in a mean way. But I want to send a little message to everyone about my love life: I love it. I choose it. Some of my family members seem to think I am a victim of a broken heart in high school and have therefore never moved on. I don't know if this is a convenient way of catergorizing my singleness, but let me assure everyone that I'm not running with a broken heart. I'm not scared of falling in love "again" if i was even in love in high school which i doubt. Its not like I'm turning down dates because I'm afraid. I don't have any dates because I don't know anyone single. Honestly, maybe if I was denying all these guys all over the place, then you could worry. But the last time I was asked on a date was high school (apparently I peaked). And just a note for you guys, I really feel no pressure and no burning desire to be in a relationship right now, which is why I haven't sought it out. One day, I will want to be a pair, and if I don't know anyone eligible I'll online date or speed date or join a bowling league for single people (ok, I won't do that last one...but there are other options). So just leave me be. Don't worry about me, I'm happy. Even if you can't imagine being alone, I can, I do and I love it.

And now, with that, I'll leave you. Check out Al's website, and I'll talk to you sometime soon again...maybe tomorrow with all my "big babyhead" Keane lust. Yay for a concert!

2 comments:

  1. yay for big babyhead! especially in tight red pants! i'll let you write more about it, and perhaps i should do the same in my own blog (thanks for the shameless promotion), but just had to send a little love comment about keane, it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't worry about you Kates...

    ReplyDelete