Tuesday, February 01, 2005

I am fairly agile...

I was going to talk about the joy of cable splitting or all the crazy things I saw today, but I can't get over my bitterness, so I'm going to talk about that.

Lately at work, a lot of people have been asking me to help them with things. In some ways this is kind of a good thing. For example: when the Vice President needs computer help and I come through in a big way, I look pretty good. But, recently its been a little out of hand. One of the other technical assistants has been sick the past few days. At the end of the month everyone goes a little nuts because all of the policies have to be entered. There are 5 underwriters. There were 2 technical assistants. It got ugly. I was a little bitter because I entered far more than half of them. Then as I'm being panicked at by the office manager (basically she bustles around demanding to know how many policies are left and being seriously rude in the way she asks it) she asks me to help her with one of her reports. Ok. Her only jobs: order office supplies, keep track of sick/vacation days, schedule phones if the receptionist is sick and print/organize reports once a month. And she asks me to help. While she's hinting that I'm moving too slow on other things. Its pretty horrible. Ever since one of the other assistants was fired she's supposed to be taking over. So there would be 4 assistants for 5 underwriters. Only every day, EVERY DAY she asks each of us (the three tech assistants) to do part of her work. Which effectively rids her of all the technical assistant work. It makes my blood boil.

The fact that my computer skills and intelligence are working against me just sucks. I'm starting to get bitter.

Now is the time to cheer myself up. Reasons I should be cheerful:
  1. Getting cats in a week and a half.
  2. Keane concert in two weeks
  3. Board game night this weekend
  4. Goodbye festivities for friend (although not cheerful about her going)
  5. Eating frozen pizza and still being on the diet.
  6. Watched Scrubs and One Tree Hill tonight, I love you cable splitter.
  7. Half day tomorrow. Even with the dentist.

I hope you managed to make it through this bitter blog. Next time I'll be happy. I hope.

I am fairly agile...I recover quickly. --Dashboard


1 comment:

  1. Don't be bitter about them leaning on you. Take it as a complement and use it to buoy (cool word!) your confidence. You will lap them...just take care of business for the good of the business and let the others fall by the wayside. The more effortlessly you seem to be doing their work, the better it will make you look. You get ahead by taking yourself forward not taking others down. Take care of Katie and perform for Katie...worrying about what others are doing or not doing is not really worth the energy and will drag you down. Those that are slackers are ultimately cheating themselves and the old Karma train will come around the tracks for them in due time. Dad

    ReplyDelete