Sunday, January 30, 2005

Sloth...

Ok, here's the deal. I have done nothing this weekend. I'm going to go through some of the more interesting parts of my weekend and then you'll understand. As I sit here my muscles are about to atrophy and I have a headache from staring at computer/TV. But its fine because I needed a lazy weekend.

  • I found a fun place while I was coming from the grocery store. I had seen it before, but was skeptical. The Tag outlet store. Tag is a home goods brand (i know this from my days of retail at Cocoon). Mostly candles, rugs, plates etc. And the outlet store/warehouse is right here! It's wonderful! I bought a rug (so all you can come visit and put your shoes on the rug and stop complaining).
  • I did one of my paint by numbers greeting cards. It turned out a little messy and I'm sending it to you! Ok, no, maybe not, but I like the idea. I have to buy some painters tape and then i'll do my next one!
  • I found some tasty diet items: Nabisco crisps...the variety I tried are Oreo Crisp. Its a pouch that has like, 100 calories or something? Anyway, I was skeptical, but they taste good! Next up I bought Honey Maid Graham crisps (cinnamon). I think they'll be good. And the "pouches" are pretty full. I also tried a Smart Ones frozen dessert: chocolate fudgy cake. It was really good and totally decadent. I felt like i was cheating! Which was great!
  • I finished a computer game for the first time ever! I only cheated a few times (for real) and completed some old school Myst. Next up: the second Myst.
  • I split the cable on the TV/tivo. Now I can watch Gilmore/One Tree Hill and tape Scrubs, my TV shows are just multiplying!
  • I watched three movies and all of them were a little gut-wrenching. I didn't even like Last Samurai and read/computer'd during most of the movie and still ended up crying my eyes out when the Samurai guy died. Next up on my Netflix list: Dodgeball. Light, fluffy, its about time!
  • I convinced myself I have skin cancer. A lot of my "beauty marks" are weird right now. I told my mom this a long time ago and she said i was crazy. But now, i have some of my big ones doing this: there is a slight discoloration in the middle of the beauty mark, darker. Recently I've realized that this discoloration is raised and i can pick it off (gross?). So i'm convinced I need to see a dermatologist. Now i just need to find one and get an appointment...a large task here in Chicago..

Ok, thats it for my weekend. Up for this week: two lunches, one with cousin, one with insurance school contact, Dentist appointment. Have a good one people!


1 comment:

  1. Katie,
    I heart your blog! I think I may visit yours often too!

    ReplyDelete