Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Hot and cold...hot and cold..

Much of my excitement of the past few days has been dampened by other happenings. Something wonderful happens, and then something different takes the sheen off of the wonderful.
  • Garnet Hill: my favorite sheet/home goods catalog. Ordered nearly $500 worth of merchandise on Sunday and it already came! GREAT!!! Then: the sheets are in the Mom's washer and it breaks. Now they are soapy/soggy in the sink. Plus I try to put up the curtain rod to hold my new curtain and first the screw won't go in any farther and won't come out, so strong woman that I am, i BREAK the screw completely off. Yes, there is a piece of screw in my wall now. So I try again. I decide I'll drill a deeper hole. Then the drill bit BREAKS off in the wall. So now there are two holes with pieces of metal stuck in them. Wonderful. Nothing bad has happened with the rug I ordered yet! I shouldn't have jinxed it...
  • I started to prepare for the cats! I made/filled their water bowl/fountain. Its pretty nifty. As well as their feeder (which rotates itself to keep the food from clumping). Turns out I only get one cat this weekend. Booo. But good news: I get the other one, the one that they can't catch to declaw/spay for FREE! Wooo-hoo!
  • I have been enjoying the tasty deliciousness of Reese's Valentine mini-cups for the past few days. I've probably eaten 50-100. That sounds like an exaggeration, but its not. Diet? DEAD. BURIED. Next week, I may be going out to dinner a total of 4 times. Do you know what that does to a diet? MURDERS IT!
  • I am finally, finally starting to feel like I'm getting somewhere with the loads of work that piled up in the last week or two. The bad thing is that: once my desk looks clean other people seem to think i need more to do. Also, if they don't load me with their work, then I will have nothing to do. And no day is longer than a day full of nothing.
  • I've been oddly cheerful and happy about the fact that I haven't been dreading going to work. And yet, at the same time I am definitely getting sick. Throat pain that may be turning into a cough. Which is surprising because I rarely get coughs.

That's that.

Can I mention a few weird things:

  1. Saw a lady in a turtleneck. Not wearing one, in one. She looked like one of those dogs in the collars. It went up over the back of her head, and was possibly covering her mouth. She was looking at me out of the turtleneck. And I finally got it. Turtleneck. She looked like a turtle.
  2. Ash Wednesday is the day of "look at me, I have religion." In Champaign I used to be shocked by how many their were. Here I was a little surprised by how few. Either way, it doesn't seem holy to me (although nothing does) but more like a big blazing symbol of catholicism.

Hope you are well and not getting ill like me. Good thing I have Monday off. Hopefully I won't get too much worse...

No comments:

Post a Comment