Monday, February 07, 2005

Dedicated to my sissa...

My sister wanted me to do this thing...I'm not sure my love of music is big enough to really fill this up, but lets see.

1. Song that sounds like happy feels:
Have to go with Tripping Billies. I don't know why, that's the first song that came to mind. That and Window by Guster.


2. Earliest memory: This must be earliest memory of music? No? I have possibly the worst memory in history, but I do remember singing Ob-la-di with my sister and cousin really loudly and emphasizing certain words: Ob-la-di, ob-la-da life goes on, BRA. We thought it was funny to sing bra really loud, like it was a bad word.

3. Last CD you bought: Real CD? Can't remember. On I-Tunes I just bought OC:The Music, and guess what, i'm not ashamed and I quite like it.

4. Reminds you of school:

Elementary School: I loved the New Kids on the Block. Who didn't? Jordan was my particular love. Have you ever listened to the music now? It's really, really bad. And Jordan is not only ugly now, but was actually quite ugly back then. What was I thinking??

High School: I'll go by year:
Freshman year: That weird song, I think it was by the Verve Pipe or something...called Freshman. Used to think it was so neat that I was a freshman at the same time.
Sophomore year: Anything off of Before these Crowded Streets. I think it must have come out that year
Junior year: This may be the year I found N*Sync. Other than that I can't think of any songs that may be this year.
Senior year: Lets see...I found Guster senior year, as well as a continuation of Justin/N*Sync love.

College: I could go year by year again.
Freshman year: that damn Who let the Dogs out was yelled from every building every other second.
Sophomore year: I was in the house...so probably a LOT of pop music. I guess Dave Matthews probably goes through every year since I've been to 20 or so concerts.
Junior year: In England I listened to Jimmy Fallons CD and some Justin Timberlake. I bought the CD while I was there and when I put in on I-tunes, it came up as the UK edition. I wonder if its different all the time...i've even considered buying another one just to see. But I thought that would make me totally obsessed with the Timberlake and I don't want to be scary.
Senior year: Milkshake! Tipsy...thats the song our senior year "stripper" danced to. It is quite tainted. I advise those of you out there who like boys to not see male strippers. It was creeeepy.

5. Total music files on your PC: Let me look. My sister said 70 something GB. I have 1.26 GB. Thats why I shouldn't be doing this. I like music, but I'm not obsessed.

6. Song for listening to repeatedly when depressed: There's two. From the Love & Basketball CD, Me'Shell Ndegeocello, "Fool of Me." Great movie, great song. And then Maxwell's "This Woman's Work." Not his song, but his version is tear jerking.

7. Song that sounds British, but isn't: This is too complicated for a simple girl like me.

8. Song you love, band you hate: I don't have an answer for this one either. I listen to my CD's and my IPOD so I rarely hear new music TO hate.

9. A favorite song from the past that took ages to track down: Junior year, when I was on prom-planning committee, we decided on the theme, "I will remember you" by Sarah McLachlan. Good luck finding that song. Go ahead, try. Isn't it horrible that I-Tunes has made is SOooooo easy now. GGGRRRRR.

10. Bought the album for one good song: I don't do this. I buy music infrequently. The sister commonly just gives it to me.

11. Worst Song to Get Stuck in your Head: Lets go with Milkshake. Or wait, Istanbul, Constantinople. That's a bad one.

12. Best song to dump a beer on someone's head to, then storm out of the bar? Something angry maybe? I'm not sure, I don't like bars much anymore so I wouldn't probably be there in the first place and definitely not with someone who would piss me off so much.

13. Who should do this next? I don't know. Anyone with a blog? If you read my blog and do this, go ahead and post a comment so we can read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment