Saturday, January 01, 2005

Welcome to 2005!

Its been a rough day, but I do want to welcome the new year in a hopeful way. I hope all of you out there have big plans for 2005. And even if they're not big, at least meaningful to you. For example, here's some of what I hope to do:

Get cats.
Get a promotion or two, and maybe, just maybe become an underwriter.
Get to know Chicago a bit better.
Maybe take an art class.

Anyone out there planning anything exciting? No babies, right marrieds?

New Year's Eve is not really my favorite holiday, since it really is just an excuse for people to get really drunk. I guess I'm old and boring now and don't really find it too interesting. But it seems to me, all my friends were also old and boring that night. I don't think anyone did anything interesting/exciting.

On another note, my day involved taking down the christmas tree. Its a big sad empty place now. But man, getting that thing out the door was complicated! My plan for tomorrow is to finish cleaning this place and start my Sunday night cooking that I hope to get in the habit of (try a real meal every Sunday).

Fresh sheets tonight! Doesn't everyone love a sheet change? I think so. Off to climb in them and read a bunch. I'm reading a pretty good book and haven't had much time for it with the crazy past weeks. Nothing but down-time now I hope...

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya on the New Year's thing. It's really not a holiday for non-drinkers/partiers.

    ReplyDelete