Wednesday, December 29, 2004

All over the place...

Today was really quite bad and kind of good all in one big package. Which made it all kind of exhausting. Here's some info:

  • SPAMALOT was wonderful! I'm not even a Monty Python nerd like my sister and I quite liked it. It seems a little strange to laugh at fart jokes, watch a glittery dance number and then laugh at boob jokes. What a good show though, if you have the time and money, go see it while its still available in Chicago. Its going to be a huge hit on Broadway. You'll regret it...
  • After seeing SPAMALOT I got home quite late and even after a fun night I still ended up tired and crabby this morning.
  • I got the info on my raise/bonus (who knew there would be a bonus?? Yay for me!) and it was much better than i expected. I guess after hearing the bitters complain about how cheap my employer is (and my dad has said it too) I imagined they would try to cheese me. You know, well, we're giving you a 5% raise. Which would include cost of living and really not be a raise at all. But no, I'm happy with my raise. Plus, I am promoted. So its all up from here.
  • Insurance, especially health insurance can kiss my ass! Well, really only Humana. I hate them. On the positive for health insurance, United actually paid for my whole allergist appointment! We'll see about the shots. But Humana, shit those bastards sent me to collections for something i never got a bill for in the first place. I was very angry and took it out on my Dad...sorry Dad.
  • Too excited to come back to my apartment and just sit. But then my kitchen was so messy I decided to clean. And my plan to play RollerCoaster tycoon was thwarted by some game gliche that kicks me out whenever I start getting anywhere. I'll try to figure that one out this weekend.

And now, could be 100,000 people dead in the scariest natural disaster since, well, ever in my lifetime. I'm thinking I should make a donation, and I think the rest of you should too...because I just have a bad feeling about how Bush is going to handle this. This is when the big nations should step up, but it seems unlikely. How scary is it that one day the world is normal and the next people rotting everywhere because of a huge earthquake. Just shows you how unpredictable the world is. Note to readers: My sister is far more eloquent than I am, i tend to write from humor, since thats how I think. So read her entry on this, i didn't even know she'd written it when I wrote this entry.

Next up: California falls in the ocean.

I hope all have a very safe and happy New Year. I'm headed home to see a long-lost relative and have a quiet Eve, because I don't really enjoy this holiday.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your raise, promotion and bonus. That's very cool! Katie send me a copy of the Humana crap and I will let them know that they flunked customer service 101.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete